Find an article
- 11 truths uncovered on a Caribbean cruise
- Celebrating the world’s biggest pistachio
- America gets new national park for Christmas
- And the wall came tumbling down
- Hopscotching through Southern Oregon in Autumn
- Meet the Texas Doctor Also Skilled in Chocolate Making
- 100 Things To Do In Nashville Before You Die – Tom Adkinson’s New Book!
- Times Square, 1 Hour, 10 Photos – Now GO!
- Barbados, Bajan, Beautiful
- Best Atmosphere and Food on Tybee Island, GA!
- Admiring the Neon Rainbows of Las Vegas
- Ole Smoky Moonshine – The Real Thing from Gatlinburg, Tennessee!
- Find a Warm Southern Welcome in Gatlinburg, Tennessee!
- Dogsledding Where the Dogs Speak French
- Celebrating on the Watauga River
- Agritourism — It’s a Real Thing
- I Never Wanted To Visit the 9/11 Memorial
- An Art-Filled Stroll in Chattanooga
- Keeping the Trains on Time at Tweetsie Railroad
- Six Attractions Along the QLine in Detroit
Author Archives: Tom Adkinson
By Tom Adkinson Every cruise is a voyage of discovery, and at least some of those discoveries are about human behavior. Here are 11 accumulated from a Caribbean cruise. After achieving a certain age or a certain weight, men shouldn’t … Continue reading
By Tom Adkinson (Editor’s note: February 26 is National Pistachio Day, but everyday is a holiday at PistachioLand.) ALAMOGORDO, New Mexico – If it weren’t for White Sands National Park and the Manhattan Project atomic bomb heritage of Alamogordo, the … Continue reading
By Tom Adkinson ALAMAGORDO, New Mexico – Merry Christmas, America! You got a new national park just a few days before the big day for opening presents. It is White Sands National Park between Alamogordo and Las Cruces, New Mexico. … Continue reading
BERLIN — I was in grammar school when the Berlin Wall went up, and I was married with three children when it came down. The physical division of Berlin began in 1961 and ended in 1989 — 30 years ago … Continue reading
By Tom Adkinson The big-city appeal of Portland means it gets plenty of visitor attention, but meandering through the small towns and two-lane highways of southern Oregon provides a completely different set of diversions. If you fly into the region … Continue reading
By Tom Adkinson GRAPEVINE, Texas – Sue Williams wanted to be a county agricultural agent, but she became a medical doctor and a chocolate maker instead – and the world is a better place for that. Just ask anyone who … Continue reading
We’re super excited here at Travel World Central to announce the newest book by our very own Tom Adkinson! You’ve seen his awesome posts, now get his amazing book all about Nashville, Tennessee! This lighthearted guide to 100 special activities … Continue reading
By Tom Adkinson NEW YORK – You’re in Midtown with an hour to spare before your next appointment. What do you do with that small amount of time, just 60 minutes? My decision was a personal challenge – get 10 … Continue reading
By Tom Adkinson About 270,000 people call Barbados home, and the face of every one of them almost cries out to be photographed. From the Friday fish fry at Oistins toward the south end of the island, to the markets … Continue reading